8.01.2010

1

Today is our first anniversary! Go us. To celebrate, we drove to Lake Erie this past weekend, went swimming, hung out on the coast, and generally enjoyed the lake.
We particularly enjoyed the twin power plants on the north and south ends of the lake, and wondered if they were why the water was so warm...
On the way back we stopped in Shipshewana, our local Amish community, and picked up some yummy homemade bread, homemade raspberry jam, and homemade cheese curds. I am especially enamoured with the jam. Soooo good. After we got home Mike surprised me with flowers!
Today, our actual anniversary, Mike surprised me yet again! We were going about business as usual (teaching the 3-4 year olds at church) when two of the kids in our class had to go to the bathroom. This is highly usual, and so I took them to the bathroom without suspicion. When we got back, I opened the classroom door and was greeted with a rousing chorus of "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" by a dozen 3-year-olds, all holding a long stem rose. It was probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Mike, you get ten out of ten points for cuteness, plus a bonus point for hijacking the cuteness of a bunch of 3-year-olds.

All in all, it's been a great day and a great year. Here's to many more happy anniversaries!

5 comments:

  1. FER CUTE! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU GUYS!!!

    (Did Connor get to hold a rose?! I get giddy at the thought that he got to play a part in that. SO CUTE.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 year! What a good guy you married. Glad that I can trust him to take care of you so far away (not that you couldn't do that on your own, but still). I am getting sooooo excited for our reunion. Also, I need your address cause I have a postcard to send you. Also, what kind of painting do you want me to do for you? What colors do you want? Let me know and I will get painting! Much love. - Tin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Mike is a romantic. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete