7.23.2010

She-Kah-Go

Over the holiday weekend we went to Chicago for a reunion with Mike's family. It was great to see everyone! Here's a photo recap. (Most of these pictures I've stolen from others, muahaha.)

The "Bean."

Playing at the splash pad thingee. (Jeff, Mike and I were enjoying sushi while this was going on.)I believe this is the 'preying mantis' shot... (I think Ben wins the Best Imitation award.)Sam found some dirt.The kids buried Mike at Lake Michigan. Mike and a sleeping JJ.
Waiting for the fireworks to start.Mike, Claire, and a great looking chocolate cupcake.Bob and JJ enjoying the fireworks.Us on the boat tour where we got a good feeling for the history and architecture of the Windy City.
At the Museum of Science and Industry! This museum was one of my favorite parts. They had this massive sub that was really captured from the Germans in WW2, plus hundreds of other displays. Plus, this is where our nephew Sam decided he liked me. It's always a victory when you win over a kid. (I just hope he remembers that he likes me next time he sees me...)
At Taste of Chicago. As you can see, it was packed! The watermellon was particularly yummy on such a hot day. Relaxing with The Buns.At Navy Pier, where Mike enjoyed his oysters and I enjoyed my Hagan Daas.Skyline. The rest of the crew went to Nauvoo after this, but we had to go back to work so this is where we parted. Thanks for the fab trip! It was great seeing you guys!

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for family vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Now that you're so knowledgeable about Chicago, we I might have to take advantage of your expertise for our next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I was just in Chicago for work the other week! It's like we just barely missed each other. Next time I head out maybe I'll stay for a weekend so I can see my cuz. :)

    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put it in the Ca, Ca won go, that's how ya spell Chi-ca-go

    ReplyDelete