9.18.2009

New Status

EMPLOYED.

Yep, you're looking at (well, reading the ramblings of) Notre Dame's most recent hire: I am now the Assistant Finance Analyst of the ND grad school!!!

The Good News:
-Mike and I can commute together in the mornings.
-I have a super exclusive parking pass.
-All the other law school students wish their wives were this cool.
-I have a purpose in life other than doing laundry.

The Bad News:
-It's only 3 days a week. (So Don't Worry Bob, I'm still more than happy to do whatever you need me to do as well.)
-The job is only temporary. (1-3 months)
-I majored in English Literature. Hmmm.

I guess one could argue that I'm not technically "employed" if the job is only temporary and I am still applying for full time jobs, but it will keep me busy for now, provide us with some income, and give me an in at the university for other opportunities that come up in the future. Heck, we think it's worth celebrating- and we did, with smarties and kit kats.

Conclusion: I'm Awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations. The parking pass is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Bel. Now you won't be so bored!!! :) Always nice to have income...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most Awesome Employees I've ever had! Norte'Dame is darn lucky to have you! If they don't pick you up full time - their idiots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for something to do. Being at home all day by yourself gets old fast. Really fast. Trust me, I know. Glad that you get parking pass too! Love the wedding pics by the way. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete