5.04.2011

There is nothing in this world that I don't want to do as much as I don't want to do the dishes right now.

So I'm blogging instead.

Randomness:

-A few nights ago Mike went to bed while I stayed up late to finish a research paper. When I finally went to bed, Mike sat up and started talking to me for a few minutes. The conversation culminated in his congratulating me on becoming a 2L. (That's a second-year law student, in case in you didn't know.) Yes, he was sleep talking. This is a common occurrence in our house.

-One of my dearest friends, Tin, had her baby! Welcome to earth, Kylie. (If you don't know Tinathan, repent. Drop whatever you're doing, go to Portland, shake their hands and apologize for not introducing yourself sooner. Don't worry, they'll forgive you. They're cool like that.)

-Boston Rob is killing it on Survivor. Work it, Rob.

-I despise the word "inappropriate."

-I love, however, the word "persnickety."

-I am getting the itch to go on vacation. Like, somewhere awesome. Like Thailand, for example. Or Mexico. Really, I'm just sick of being cold all the freaking time. And Thailand would definitely qualify as awesome. Who's with me?

-A Coca-Cola can exploded in our fridge. I have no idea how this happened. I'll let you imagine what the inside of our fridge looks like right now. It's awesome. And not in a Thailand way.

-Mike is growing sugar snap peas in an old Progresso Soup can on our windowsill right now. They look promising, but I'm suspicious that they might taste like hearty chicken and wild rice.

-Today is Star Wars day! May the 4th be with you all. Here's a funny video for all you jedi warriors out there. (No seriously, watch it.)

-Mike and I have been listening to the soundtrack from the movie The Way Back. Have you seen it? I have yet to meet anybody else who has, which is really a shame since it is an absolutely beautiful film. Go get it from Redbox. Immediately. Then, let's talk.

Okay, okay, I'll go do the dishes now.

5 comments:

  1. COngrats to Kristin! And I am thinking that your vacation thoughts are a GREAT idea. Turns out Texas is definitely on the warm-ish side of things and as for exotic... well, that depends on whether or not you consider cowboy buckles and longhorn cattle exotic... :) Have fun with those dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blog is soooooooo inappropriate.

    tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thailand - YES PLEASE.

    Hmm... I'm realizing that sounds creepy and borderline... uh, not appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gets my vote for most entertaining post! I'm still laughing over the anThai-coke, the savory flavored peas and the video link! Glad to see you can come up to breathe long enough to muse about life. Hey- not far from here is Little Chinatown, Little Saigon, Little You-Name-It... Come and visit for a multi-cultural experience! Just be careful Mike W and I don't fall asleep in the family room at the same time. We could have one of those barely-asleep/barely-awake conversations that would live forever in infamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that my sister's husband read the book they made the movie from, The Way Back. He said it was one of the most important books he ever read. It really affected him. I'll have to rent the movie. Thanks for the post. The little girl recapping Star Wars was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete