3.05.2010

I'm Melissa Wilde and I Approve of These Products.

I don't actually have much to blog about. I just wanted to write a new post so that I didn't have to see Vienna's face every time I looked at the bloggity blog. (In an ironic twist of events, that post garnered more comments than any other post I've ever done... Closet Bachelor (un)fans unite!)

ANYWAY. I guess this post has to be about something... So here are some products that I endorse:

1) MILK. Milk ranks up there with Michelangelo's David, Shakespeare's Hamlet, the Bible, and Mike's kisses in my book of perfect things. Milk is happiness. I love milk. Cold, tall glass, fat free please. In college I would keep 2 gallons in my fridge, and 1 at my sister's house a few blocks away. It's the perfect drink. Not only does it go with everything, but I'm convinced that it makes whatever you're eating taste better. For real. Try it. I love milk. 2) Dove. I am a big fan of Dove products. This affinity is twofold. First, I like Dove for practical reasons. They have high quality products without being costly. Their products always smell good- Always a good thing. Second, I am a huge fan of Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty. It's about time a company took a stand and stopped promoting unrealistic and unhealthy body images as the ideal to women. I am impressed and encouraged with Dove's desire to promote self-esteem, self-respect, and confidence instead of bleached hair and size 0 waistlines. Dove has earned my allegiance with this campaign, and I happily support them.
3. Spicy Cilantro Hummus. This is a new addition to my life and I love it. Sooooo good. Seriously. My favorite dipping tools are pita bread and whole wheat crackers, but you could just as easily use tortilla chips. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with this one, but I suspect it will become a regular item in our home, like the above two products. Check it out. Your life will never be the same.


And that's it.

4 comments:

  1. Yes on Dove, No on milk, and Will Try on the hummus. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy Moo!! So glad to find you :) Yes, I read Lonny too and I think it's good (not sure yet if it's as high on my radar as Domino was, but it could potentially get there). There is something I really like about holding a magazine in my hands though, lol...but hey it's free so that makes up for it I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know how to prepare around here for your arrival - a few extra gallons of milk in the refrigerator. It always made me laugh that Marci noticed that the price of milk in Boston went down after you moved away. It was a basic supply and demand scenario. Once you were gone the demand for milk was not as great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boo on milk but i support everything else you support.

    ReplyDelete